- Can you remember and name the animals in the story?
- Can you remember the order that they came within the story?
- What did squirrel gather? I wonder why he was collecting so may nuts and acorns?
- Using the environment and our autumn tuff spot we are going to gather and group and decide on a 'collective name' e.g. nuts, leaves, fruit, seeds etc.
- Pretend to be one of the characters from the story? What might they say?
- Using puppets and toy woodland animals re-enact the story.
- Use YouTube to search a woodland animal and see it in the wild and in their natural habitat. Discuss with your child and make connections with other woodland animals e.g. who might live in a tree, who might live on the woodland floor, who may you find in a hole in the ground?
Cofion oddiwrth Edwards a Povey xx